- probably the truest meritocracy of education in existence.
- Pass a test, get into one of three elite universities, and you get paid more than everyone.
- Their society promotes hard work over innate abilities.
- They have made enormous educational and GDP gains in a short time.
- Unreal pressure cooker environment that leads to focus only on passing a test.
- Two to three times as much time in school per year. (nearly 14 hours a day/214 day school year.
- De-emphasis on deep learning, creativity and extra-curricular interests (kids don't have any life outside of school.)
- Ask yourself: Do academics make for a brilliant, creative innovator? No, they prove you can follow rules.
...to be continued.